Careers @ Cadenza
Cadenza LLC is actively seeking qualified candidates for the position(s) listed below. If you are interested in applying, please send a current copy of your resume showing relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consulting Network Engineer
Cadenza is seeking a consulting network engineer to join our growing team. This customer facing role will work directly with our clients to deploy advanced networking technologies into their environments.
Cadenza was founded in 2009 by engineers who wanted to unlock the potential of networking. At Cadenza, you’ll join a team of industry veterans at the forefront of automating some of the largest networks in the world. We invest in our team through cross training, education, and lab facilities. We believe planning, preparation, and a team approach are the recipe for achieving work life balance and positive client outcomes.
Cadenza offers competitive compensation, benefits, training opportunities, and a flexible work environment.
• Work with Cadenza clients ranging from SMBs to Fortune 100 accounts to standardize, implement, secure, and automate the deployment of network technologies.
• Plan and execute network changes within a client’s change management process.
• Provide network design and engineering guidance to further enhance the performance and security of client networks.
• Identify opportunities to leverage process and network automation to improve work efficiency.
• Assist Cadenza Network Architects in implementation of new technology rollouts.
• Provide support for Cadenza managed services clients for critical issues.
• Consulting Network Engineer will work onsite with clients in the Columbus, Ohio area approximately 50% of the time. **Cadenza LLC adheres to all state and client COVID-19 safety protocols. We value the health and safety of our staff. During COVID-19 (and any future public health emergencies) Cadenza LLC staff may be required to work remotely to adequately protect their health and the health of their loved ones.
• When not onsite with a client, Consulting Network Engineer can either work from home or from Cadenza’s office in Columbus, Ohio.
• Some travel within the US may be required based on client implementation requirements.
• At least 5 years of work experience in the IT field with a strong focus in networking technologies.
• Experience working in a consulting or project based environment (strongly preferred).
• Experience providing deliverables aligned to a formal statement of work (SOW) or scoped engagement.
• Experience supporting and implementing network technologies in a multi-vendor environment.
• Experience implementing network solutions in a Fortune 250 environment (strongly preferred).
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new networking technologies or modify network designs based on client feedback.
• Experience triaging support issues and working within an incident management process.
• Currently hold (or obtain within 12 months of starting employment) one Professional level network industry certifications in technology areas listed in the “Technical Experience” section.
• Cadenza engineers routinely work with a wide variety of networking technologies. Successful engineers will have a strong core competency in general network and the ability to quickly expand into new areas as client needs evolve. Typical technology areas include:
• Physical Layer
− Copper Cabling Standards (EIA/TIA Cat5 / 6 / 6a)
− Fiber Optic Cabling Standards (MM / SM / BiDi / DWDM)
− 802.11 (a / b / g / n / ac / ax)
− Cellular (3G / 4G / GSM / LTE)
• Routing & Switching (Juniper, Cisco, Arista, HPE)
− Layer 2 (STP, RSTP, PVSTP, VSTP, LACP, 802.1q)
− Layer 2+ (vPC, MC-LAG, Virtual-Chassis, Stackwise, VSS)
− Layer 3 (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, Routing Instances, VRFs)
− Layer 3+ (VPNv4, MP-BGP, MPLS-TE, PIM)
− Data Center Interconnect (VXLAN, EVPN, OTV)
− Data Center Fabrics (VMware NSX, Cisco ACI)
• Security (Juniper, Cisco, Palo Alto)
− Layer 4 (stateful packet inspection, NAT, PAT)
− VPN (IPSec site to site, IPsec remote access, SSL VPN, DMVPN, AutoVPN, AD-VPN)
− Layer 7 (Application Firewalling, Web Filtering, IPS, malware infection mechanics)
− Authentication (PEAP, EAP-TLS, PKI, TACACS, RADIUS)
• Compute Hypervisors
− VMware ESXi
− Azure / AWS / SoftLayer virtual networking.
− Juniper vSRX and vMX. Cisco CSR1000V.
• Network Automation
− Ansible, Python, Perl, shell scripting
Cadenza LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Cadenza LLC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Cadenza LLC are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Cadenza LLC will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Cadenza LLC encourages applicants of all ages.